Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Scheduling time to clean

One thing i hear so often from wives is I just can't find time to do it all! My best recommendation for that is make a schedule! You don't have to do everything every day. I don't. But when i lay my head down at night i'm satisfied that my house is clean. While this schedule won't work for everyone...this is what i do.

Monday-Laundry-all of it! Wash, dry, fold, and put away. If you have children enlist their help to fold. do each load as it comes out of the dryer. Get in the habit and it won't pile up. And you will feel accomplished having gotten it all done!

Tuesday-clean off counter tops and clutter. and pick up bedrooms.

Wednesday-floors. vacuuming, sweeping, mopping.

Thursday-laundry again. and bathrooms.

Friday-i usually take a breather. only do the basics that i do every day.

Saturday-linens, dusting

Sunday-clean out fridge because trash pick up is Monday. floors again.

I go through the house every evening and pick up toys, books, daily clutter and i do dishes EVERY night. keeping up with my system keeps my house clean all the time!



2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I really needed to hear this! I struggle with the "do it all by myself" mentality and I get overwhelmed. I feel like I have to do it all everyday!

Kasey said...

Once our second was born, I felt so overwhelmed and I recieved advice similar to this from Colleen and it really has helped me so much.