Friday, January 11, 2008

The Dreaded Office Desk

Surely I am not the only person whose desk looks like a hurricane hit it and left behind massive damage. But due to a few small organizational things I have done here, my desk can be clean in under 5 minutes. To the right of my monitor i have folders that contain important papers i need immediate access to often, as well as recent issues of magazines that i read regularly. To the left of my monitor I have my big binder of "army wife" papers. FRG information, POA's, papers i may need to grab at a moments notice. On my shelves to the right of my legs, I have copy paper, legal pads, notebooks, cd's of computer stuff. I have a box of files. A folder for car info, payment info, insurance info, bills that have been paid, recipes i dont want to lose, stuff for kids to do, etc. In the cabinet part of my desk I have my pens, kids school supplies (glue sticks etc), specialty paper (photo paper, decorative paper, business cards, etc.). And just on the desk is my pencil/pen/scissors holder, address book, recordable cd's, stapler, pencil sharpener, stamps, rolodex, and hand lotion. So when the kids pile up the school papers, or I pile up things that should be filed, it only takes minutes for me to get everything back in order.

Written By: Kim

No comments: